The Kensington is LEED Gold Certified, making it an eco-conscious dream. Materials and systems have been carefully selected to minimize the impact on the environment and maximize the convenience, comfort and health of our tenants.
Add to that the commuter friendly location, and you’ll breathe easy. The Kensington is smoke-free inside and out.
WHAT DOES GREEN REALLY MEAN?
LEED Gold Certified is a term developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is intended to provide building owners and operators a concise framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions.
- Entirely smoke-free in the apartment homes and all common areas
- Energy-efficient centralized heating, cooling and hot water system.
- Free electric car charging station.
- Efficiencies include ENERGY STAR appliances, solar shade window coverings, low-flow plumbing fixtures
- Sustainable materials include low VOC paint and carpet manufactured with recycled materials
- All building lighting provided by energy efficient LED and CFL fixtures
- Occupancy sensors control lighting in main common areas
- Digital resident communication to reduce paper waste
- Single stream recycling containers for paper/glass/metal collection and specialty recycling for toner, batteries and bulbs
- Use of housekeeping and consumable products manufactured with recycled materials such as trash bags, paper towels and copier paper
- Use of green cleaning products approved by Green Seal or U.S. EPA’s Design for the Environment (DfE)