Leading the Green Lifestyle at The Kensington
Countless downtown Boston apartments offer upscale features and amenities, but only The Kensington balances luxury with the ultimate in green living.
Let’s start with The Kensington’s location. We’re in the heart of Boston’s Theater District, a short walk from Chinatown, Boston Common, Downtown Crossing, three subway lines and much more. It’s no wonder we earned a perfect score of 100 from Walk Score.
Looking to scrap your car? At The Kensington, it’s easy to be car-less. If you’re not walking or taking public transportation, you can hop on your bike or grab a Zipcar.
Designed to meet LEED Gold Certified Building Standards
We designed and built The Kensington to meet the Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) standards. The LEED program provides guidance on environmentally-friendly building strategies and then verifies whether these strategies are employed. The Kensington has earned LEED Gold Certification, signifying our success in achieving our green-oriented goals.
What does green living look like at The Kensington? Here are a few of the highlights:
- We’re entirely smoke-free across all apartments and in all common areas, inside and outside.
- All apartments feature Energy Star appliances, high-efficiency washers/dryers and lighting, low-flow plumbing fixtures and solar shade window coverings.
- In furnishing and decorating our apartments, we’ve used green materials like recycled glass countertops, low-VOC paint and carpet manufactured with recycled materials.
- The building runs on an energy-efficient, centralized heating, cooling and hot water system.
- We follow various green practices, such as providing single-stream recycling containers for residents, using motion detectors to control lighting in main common areas and cleaning only with green products.
At The Kensington, we’re all about minimizing our impact on the environment — and helping our residents to do the same. If you’d like to learn more about our green initiatives, visit our Green Living page or call us at 617-206-3214.