This Lawn’s Coming in Fine
Throw your plans out the window and get to the Lawn on D this weekend where you’ll find Boston’s only experimental interactive outdoor space covering nearly 3 acres!
So, what the heck does that mean, right?
Well, there’s always something to see, do, or experience at The Lawn on D. There’s a colorful collection of seating and lounge chairs for those who’d like to take a load off or soak up some rays; rotating public art exhibitions and live performances for the cultured types; outdoor assorted games like bocce and Ping-Pong for those getting competitive, and a variety of visiting food trucks to get your noshing on. Oh wait, there is also a 5,000 square foot tent with permanent bar – the perfect complement to all the above.
The Lawn on D also showcases the highly anticipated return of Höweler + Yoon’s Swing Time, but this year’s swings have a new eco-twist using solar energy to illuminate their magnificent lights with different colors depending on the speed of motion. These unique swings are a physical and visual treat for all ages. You’ll need to see it to believe it.
So you see, the Lawn on D is a perfect place to relax, enjoy South Boston and spend time with friends and family. After only one visit, you’ll find yourself back in no time enjoying activities like dance lessons, performances, food trucks and libations from the Lincoln Tavern. It’s the perfect way to start or spend the weekend, any weekend.
- Open daily from 7am-10pm until October 12, 2015
- No pets are allowed at this time
- Wheelchair accessible of course
- Free WiFi
- Walking distance from the World Trade Center Station on Silver Line, South Station and Broadway stops on the Red Line.
- Hubway bike station in front of the BCEC on Summer Street
- Depending on BCEC event calendars, BCEC parking may be available during major events at The Lawn on D